Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip

Today, I was craving something creamy and delicious. This is not always so easy on a vegan diet. Sometimes I crave non vegan things, such as fish dip, ranch, queso dip, etc. Fortunately, my cravings are easily solved with a little creativity in the kitchen! =)

Today,  I decided to make Spinach and Artichoke Dip. 

Ingredients:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sweet Onion, chopped
Minced garlic
Canned Artichoke Hearts, chopped
Cumin
Dried Thyme
Paprika
Salt and Pepper
Nutritional Yeast
Baby Spinach
Soft Tofu ~ liquefy in a blender or food processor
Wheat bread and/or Corn Chips

Saute the onion until translucent. Add garlic. Be careful not to burn. Add Artichoke, spices and nutritional yeast. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Add tofu and stir until well incorporated.

Serve with chips and toasted or warmed bread.

Delish!


LT said it was awesome! =)

I will have to remember this one for the next potluck or party.

3 comments:

  1. Now that looks yummy! Anxious to try it...soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I will be trying this one, makes my mouth water... yes Ashley, just like yesterday lol.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete